River City Extension - The Unmistakable Man

Don't ask me why I was reading "IGN MUSIC'S TOP 20 ALBUMS OF 2010", but that is where I first heard of this band. Betwixt countless big timers like Kanye, Big Boi, Sufjan, Arcade Fire, stood this unfamiliar band with the strange name and hardly any listeners. My interest piqued, I grabbed their album and gave it a spin.
The Unmistakable Man is quite the album. With tracks ranging from quiet folk ballads to i-can't-help-but-dance-like-a-fool keyboard jams, this album is constantly keeping you on your toes. Add the 95+ (rough estimate) members, plethora of instruments and you have something unique, fun and fucking heartbreaking at the same time.

Here is a taste of their 'dancier' side.

RCE AND THE UNMISTAKABLE MAN from THE VAMP GROUP on Vimeo.


0 comments:

Post a Comment